Let me tell you about a secret weapon that'll save you tons of time and keep your home squeaky clean - a field-tested house cleaning list! It's like having a personal assistant that tells you exactly what needs to be cleaned, where, and how, so you can be super efficient. Plus, it's a game-changer when it comes to tackling those big cleaning projects because it breaks them down into smaller, more manageable tasks.
Picture this: you've got your trusty cleaning checklist in hand, ready to conquer the mess. With these handy tips, you'll breeze through your cleaning routine like a pro, all while staying organized and stress-free. It's like having a roadmap to a cleaner and more refreshing living space!
But if you feel you cannot clean all by yourself, get in touch with FastHelp, one of the best cleaning services in Chennai. We can take up the task while you sip a cup of coffee and relax.
Let us now discuss how to keep track of what needs to be done each day, week, month, quarter, and year with the house cleaning checklist below:
An Overview of the Basic House Cleaning Checklist
Pick up debris, wipe down surfaces, wash dishes, take out the trash, make beds, wipe down kitchen sinks and bathrooms, and hang up towels.
Mop bathroom floors, clean kitchen, scrub bathroom surfaces, wipe the mirrors, dust furniture, change bedding, vacuum floors, discard perishable food, clean kitchen appliances and disinfect the interior of the microwave every week.
Dust the vents, light fixtures, woodwork and blinds. Clean the dishwasher, washing machine and vacuum cleaners.
Clean the refrigerator (inside and outside), the hood of the kitchen range, the shower curtain liner, and furniture (behind and under). Wash the comforters and pillows, descale the coffee machine, clean the inside of the oven and vacuum the mattress.
Clean the chimney, fireplace, carpets, dryer, upholstery, vents, curtains and drapes. Deep clean the windows.
To begin with, it is always better to go through each room and write down everything that has to be done to clean it. That way, you won't have to worry about missing any cleaning and also ensure that you perform them effectively.
Cleaning Checklist for the Main Areas of Your House
Don't know where to begin? If you ever needed a cleaning checklist, here it is!
Checklist for the kitchen
- Remove the grates and wash them in a solution of water and mild soap.
- Remove any burned-on food from your oven before using the self-cleaning function. This reduces the risk of fire accidents.
- Clean the entire oven, including the back, front, door, and knob.
- Descale and clean your coffee machine.
- Discard the foods in the freezer for more than six months.
- Vacuum the condenser coils and exhaust vent in the refrigerator.
- Tidy up the outside and the inside of the drawers, doors, and shelves.
- Clean your toaster's crumb trays.
- Disinfect the cabinet knobs, light switches, sink tap handles, surfaces and refrigerator handles.
- Scrub the sink's inside, including the basin, the faucets, the hardware, and the floor around the sink.
- Clean the waste disposal.
- Vacuum, sweep and mop the floors.
Checklist for the bedroom
- Remove the bedding and wash the comforter, sheets, pillowcases, and bed skirt.
- Flip the mattress over and vacuum.
- Clean the closet thoroughly by vacuuming or sweeping it
- Remove the cobwebs
- Wipe the shelves, light switches, and other fixtures to remove dust.
- Dust off the window and mirror frames
- Wipe the mirrors
- Clean the blinds and vacuum the curtains.
- Move the furniture, then sweep and clean the floor.
Checklist for the restroom
- Dust the ceiling fans and other high-up objects.
- Use a glass cleaning spray to clean your mirror.
- Scrub the countertops and sink with a sponge, dish soap, and hot water.
- Remove the shower head if it is detachable and rinse it
- Clean the toilet bowl's inside using a proper toilet bowl brush and cleaner.
- Clean the tile floor in the bathroom using a wet mop and a vacuum.
Checklist for the hall, living room and other common areas
- Dust all trinkets and the upholstery. Grab a vacuum to clean the upholstery.
- Remove every cushion from the furniture and vacuum each side individually.
- Vacuum the sides and back of the furniture.
- Dust the pillows and fold any blankets.
- If there are stains on your furniture, scrub them with mild soap or shampoo.
- Clean the flooring and baseboards.
Additional Information on How to Deep Clean & Maintain a Spotless Home
Start by questioning yourself:
- Do you reside in a dusty place?
- Do you live with pets?
- Where do you call home?
- Do you have little ones playing around the house?
- Do you use shoes inside your home?
- Do you have a housekeeping service to clean your space regularly?
Each of these questions will give you a clear picture of how frequently you should perform a thorough cleaning. In between thorough or deep cleanings, a little maintenance on a regular basis is essential. When it comes to keeping a tidy home, dusting has to be done frequently. Once a week should be dedicated to dusting exclusively. Ensure to leave your footwear outside the house. This will help keep the floors cleaner for longer. Always return items to their designated storage areas if you want your space to look well-organized.
You can get rid of allergens like dust, pollen, and pet dander with the help of this comprehensive cleaning checklist. Try not to worry too much. Use this quick cleaning checklist to get started. And, if you ever need a professional to assist you with these tasks, contact Fast Help, one of the best cleaning services in Chennai that provides professional support and assistance to keep your house clean and tidy all through the year.