The Botherance Caused by Mosquitoes Bites
If you live in the tropical region, you must be well acquainted with mosquitoes. Besides being a vector to many pathogens, these mosquitoes also create nuisance in and around your house. If you want a sound and peaceful sleep at night, Fast Help in Chennai is here to help you with mosquito nets/screens for door and windows. These can put an end to all your mosquito woes.
Many tools and repellents are introduced in markets to keep mosquitoes away, but they either find some way to escape or become immune to those repellents. It seems they are enjoying the fumes. Mosquito bites can sometimes be hurting, especially when you have sensitive skin. The red itchy bump can be painful.
Preventive Measures To Avoid Mosquito Bites
Using the right repellents or tools is best for eradicating these pesky bugs instantly. Here are some ways to stop these insects from ruining your day.
Always Use A Repellent - A mosquito repellent is always useful in keeping mosquitoes away. EPA - registered mosquito repellents are quite effective and safe for use. They are made with active and powerful ingredients like Para-menthane-diol (PMD), DEET, IR3535, Picaridin, Oil of lemon eucalyptus (OLE), etc. Avoid spraying these repellents directly on the skin, as these may not suit your skin type.
Mosquitoes Hate Strong Winds - Mosquitoes avoid flying high as they hate the breeze of air, which blows them away. A plug-in or table fan is a powerful tool to keep these creatures away. Adjust your table fan so that the strong wind hits the lower part of your body, making it difficult for mosquitoes to fly.
Mind the peak hours - There are certain peak hours when these mosquitoes come out to feed. The favourable time for them is after the sun sets till the sun rises. If you can avoid staying out during these times, especially in your garden areas or balcony, you can simply stay protected from mosquito bites.
Permethrin-treated Clothes Can Help - Insecticides like Permethrin effectively keep mosquitoes at bay. If you have plans for outing and camping on the outskirts of the city. You should consider wearing Permethrin-treated clothes, including shirts, pants, socks, gloves, etc. Clothing with added Permethrin provides protection even after washing. Avoid the application of Permethrin directly on the skin.
Use light-colored And Tight Clothes - Clothes that are tightly woven and those made with synthetic fibres don't allow mosquitoes to easily suck your blood. In contrast, fabrics like cotton or linen are not that efficient in keeping you protected against these bugs. Mosquitoes avoid hunting in the daylight, which is why they also avoid light-colored clothes. On the other hand, dark-colored clothes are attractive to them.
Mosquitoes Love Human Smell - Mosquitoes use sources of CO2 to identify their food. This is why they are easily attracted to CO2. It is the air that humans and animals exhale. Anything that increases your CO2 production brings these insects close to you. From drinking alcohol to exercising or having spicy food can speed up your breathing rate and, thus, help mosquitoes find you.
Stay Cool in Summers - Summers are dear to humans and mosquitoes. It is also when we humans sweat the most, and mosquitoes are lured in by the pheromones released in the sweat. So to avoid mosquitoes, one should stay cool and hydrated in the summers.
How to protect your home and surroundings from mosquitoes?
A simple way to avoid mosquitoes is to stay home, especially during peak hours. But that is not always possible. So, we are here with a checklist of do's and don'ts to prevent mosquitoes in and around your property.
Look for Mosquito's breeding Places - The female mosquitoes lay eggs in still water and flies around that place in search of a host to suck blood to fulfil their protein requirements. Look out for such places in your yard, balcony or garden if you have an old plastic container, mud pots, or even a bird bath in which water has been collected. That can be an ideal breeding place for mosquitoes. If you find any, throw them right away and clean that area with some strong disinfectant. Here are some points provided for you to follow in order to eradicate mosquitoes around your home:
- Look out for stagnant water in your outdoors and throw them away immediately.
- Old plastic buckets, containers, toys, mud pots or bushy plants can be ideal breeding places for mosquitoes. Eradicate them immediately and clean your place.
- Do not allow water to collect in the gutters nearby your hour. Unclog those gutters and allow the water to flow freely.
- Check for moist areas in your garden, like any old tree branch or bushy plants, because that can be a place where mosquitoes rest.
Use Sprays and Pesticides - The growth and spread of mosquitoes can be kept in check if we properly use the chemicals to stop the growth of mosquitoes at the source.
- As mentioned earlier, sprays containing Para-menthane-diol (PMD), DEET, IR3535, Picaridin, and Oil of lemon eucalyptus (OLE) should be used according to the instructions provided with it.
- In order to control mosquito larvae, larvicides should be in the water or storage tank. It would be best if you considered reading about its safe use.
- Bug zappers and homemade vaporizers can be used to eradicate pesky creatures.
- Pesticides should be sprayed near the shady trees or bushy areas of your garden to control the breeding of mosquitoes, as these areas can be moist and warm.
Use Barriers - It is good to use fly screens on your house's windows, doors and chimneys. These structural barriers keep mosquitoes away and help keep other harmful insects at bay. If you have tried and tested all the tips, and still you get mosquitoes in your house, and they disturb you while you and your children are sleeping, you must use mosquito nets for a peaceful and one hundred per cent solution.
- Use fly screens or wired nets on the doors and windows of your house. This may prevent maximum mosquitoes from entering your house.
- Be sure to mend all the holes in your doors, windows and chimneys with wired mesh or any other prospective area from which mosquitoes may enter.
- Make sure you use mosquito nets and tuck them tight under the mattress to keep mosquitoes away.
- Children should always sleep under the mosquito net. Their carrier must be netted and properly tucked.
We must remember that not all mosquitoes bite, but they can create nuisance and are efficient in transmitting quite dangerous diseases. Just by following simple tips like using mosquito nets regularly despite all other things, you can easily avoid mosquito bites and always keep yourself and your family healthy. Reach out to Fast Help in Chennai for the best mosquito nets in Chennai. We provide the best aesthetic and durable nets for doors and screens for windows. Call us now!